Friday, August 6, 2010

Hopes

This whole "not letting myself get my hopes up" thing is really hard. I actually had done really well until just recently. Maybe it's because it seems more real now, more possible. All I know is that in the last few months I've learned that I shouldn't get my hopes up. Then it's far less hurtful and disappointing when the thing doesn't happen.
What would you do? Would you get excited for something before you knew it was going to happen and deal with the possible disappointment that may follow? Or would you just not get your hopes up? Is it bad that I feel this way or just a stage I'm going through?
I kinda think it's a stage. I had so much stuff not end up happening for a while that I think it just put me in a rut. I just need some plans to not fall through so that I can get back to getting excited for stuff I should be excited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment