Saturday, August 28, 2010

Progress

Well, it has been a great 10 days. I'm just sad that it's pretty much over. Even though it didn't go how I thought it would, I'm still really happy and feel good. It's been 10 days of little sleep, traveling back and forth between his house, waiting to see him, and lots of great memories. I really hope that we are able to work things out in the morning and I get to take him to the airport tomorrow.
I got upset tonight when I found out we had some miscommunication and someone else is taking him. I shouldn't have gotten upset, but I did. At least I realized afterward that it was stupid and that I overreacted. I personally think that's a step in the right direction. Before I would have just come inside and still been sad and upset. Tonight I was just mad I had let myself get that way. Baby steps, but at least they are in the right direction. It's hard to correct 20 years of overreacting overnight. It's taking time and I just hope I can keep it up and maybe move forward at a faster pace. Progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment