Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Adventure

It's Saturday morning and we're currently resting in the truck at a rest area. The fog is getting thicker and everyone is sleeping but me. I've always had a hard time sleeping in a car but cram me in the back seat and stop the truck and there is no way I'm even trying. My legs are asleep and my butt is numb but once we start going again we only have about 2 hours left. We didn't stop for the night in St. Louis. We did have an adventure though. About 100 miles into the trip the drivers side tire on the car dolley blew out. And I mean it blew out. Hey guess what... The spare was flat. We unhitched the dolley and went off to find some air. Then we had to back track almost 10 miles to finally get to a ramp to turn back around. We get back to the car and dad can't get it up enough to get the jack under it. So we had to hitch it back up and go from there. The whole ordeal set us back about 2 hours and left us with no spare tire.
Thankfully we were all able to joke about it all later in the night.
Oh and guess what... I even drove the truck pulling the dolley and car at some point on this trip. :) Just another thing I can add to my driving accomplishments. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment