Friday, November 5, 2010

Song Writing

About a year ago, I wrote my first song. I thought it was kind of stupid for me to write more songs though because I have no musical abilities. Thus, I couldn't write the music to go along with it.
Well, that all changed the other day. Before I decided to stop attempting to write songs, I had written about Friday night football. Then I heard the new Kenny Chesney song Boys of Fall. It is strikingly similar (but better than) the one I remember writing in the past.
Anyway, I've started on another song. However, it is still a huge work in progress but at least this way someone can tell me if it's even worth working on more. lol I've kind of hit a rut, but I'll give it the weekend and work on it some more.

She's 21 and living at home
He was stationed on a ship in some foreign lands
Everyone says they'll never make it
Long distance doesn't work, he's going to get lonely
And you won't be there.

But oh no
They ignored all those around them
Toughened up, pulled it together
And dealt with the lonely tears.
People do this all the time, so why can't they?

But they did it
For 12 long months it was trips back and forth
3 months apart at a time
But they did it.

After a while, they started to fail.
She let it all go
She'd been too strong, for too long.
And she cried, and she fought
And she wanted him back her whole heart

She knew he was her one,
But what could she do?
He moved on.
But she couldn't.

(still trying to figure out one more to go here)

She's living at home
And he's moving on.
Everyone tells her she's better off
But she's not, Oh no she's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment