Friday, October 15, 2010

Dr. Oz & Stress

Right now I'm watching a Dr. Oz episode that I recorded earlier this week. The main topic of it is stress. I know that I am an incredibly over stressed person and I don't want that to be anymore. So, I'm on the quest to find ways to destress and to even limit myself on the amount of stress that I have.
The first thing Dr. Oz is talking about is stress eating and what to eat instead of simple sugar foods. He recommends eating salmon twice a week. I've never had salmon but am interested in trying it. He also suggests vitamins B & C!
Exercise is the next way to destress. He said that climbing stairs for 7 minutes a day reduces your chance of heart disease by 2/3.
The next is to massage your hand for 5 minutes to release cortisol! Aroma Thearpy is also in this category. Take lavender oil, add 10 drops of it to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Then spray it throughout the house.
The last one is to find what triggers your stress. Worrying about the the past or the future, looking down on yourself, bad thoughts, and more.

I know that I stress way to much about the future. Most of the time it's about school and future career and that sort of a thing. From now on I want to try to take life a day at a time (except for during tests). I want to start working out more after classes. I'm not going to stress during work. Afterall I am just working at subway. There isn't really a reason that I should stress so much over that job. They don't pay me enough to shorten my life through stress. Lol.
So how do you deal with your stress? What causes you the most stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment