Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elementary School

So today on my way home from walmart and the bank, I got stuck behind the elementary school bus. Didn't bother me because I wasn't in any hurry. The 2nd stop the bus made a little girl got off. I can only assume she was in Kindergarten because she was so tiny. Her backpack was pretty much as big as she was. It really made me smile. She was so excited to be getting off of that bus and to get home.
At the next stop, a bunch of girls (probably in 3rd or 4th grade) got off. They all had slippers on and one was carrying a sleeping bag. I remember those days. I never got to take a sleeping bag to class but I remember pajama and slipper days.
What were your favorite "special" days when you were in grade school?
Mine was probably The Polar Express days. Where we read the Polar Express, got to wear our PJs, and had hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment