Sunday, July 11, 2010

Army Wives (Spoilers) and Thinking

So by now, everyone knows that Army Wives always seems to relate to me and it makes me think. So far (and we're only 24 minutes into the episode), it doesn't relate to me. haha, it's about freaking time. lol It has made me think though. Please don't take anything I say as me being against the military or anything like that. That'd be 100% false.
Have you ever thought how the child who has a parent(s) in the military has been affected? They have to deal with a parent being gone for months at a time. When they are older they start worry about their parent not coming home. It's everywhere now. News of someone else dying overseas. There isn't a way to keep it from childrens eyes. Some of these kids mature faster than they need to. It's not the parents fault but the fact that they feel like they need to fill the spot of their parent for other siblings and/or other parents. Honestly, what can one do about it? What do you do about the fact that you're essentially a single parent for X months?
Haha, I don't even know why I'm thinking of this. There is plenty of other stuff I could talk about that's actually about me. I mean hell I'm not married to a military man, I have no kids. I guess it's just one of those things though. I guess it's not much different than talking about how it affects the person's spouse. They have to deal with being alone for that amount of time. The difference there is that they most likely had an idea as to what they were getting when they said 'I do.' A kid doesn't get to choose their family.
An adult can take care of themselves. You can keep yourself busy when you know it's a bad day. As an adult you're more aware of what needs to be done. Plus, you can count a lot higher and count down the days until your love one is home and safe.
To all military families out there, stay strong. I admire you for what you have to go through daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment