Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello, I'm a Subway Sandwich Artist

As promised tonight's blog is about my new job, and probably some other stuff too. In case not everyone knows, I'm working at Subway as a Sandwich Artist. Oh yes, be jealous. I am still in training. I've got a morning or two left of it. I'm training to be an opener. For anyone who doesn't know, Subway is now open for breakfast... bright and early at 7 am. That means I have to get there at 6. I would say I'm not complaining but well, when I put on my application that I could open I had forgotten that they started serving breakfast. Oh well, it's just for the summer since I'll have 8 am classes in the fall.

Tomorrow I'll be at work for 2 hours by myself. I'm really nervous about it. I still don't even know how to make all of the sandwiches. At least it will be during the less busy time. I'm quickly learning that I move a bit slow for the world of fast food. It's fast paced, which means there isn't much time for errors. At least my manager is understanding. As for some of the customers, well that's another story. I think it's crazy how many regulars we have. I know that some people obviously are but it's more than I suspected. Which means... good news Jeff, you are not alone.

I'm also starting agree with my parents that everyone should work in fast food at some point in time. It's hard work. You sweat, you earn your minimum wage, it's a lot of standing on your feet, you learn great customer service, and you get great stories. It also has already (in the less than week I've been there) made me realize how important it is to get a college degree. lol. I do not want to be working in fast food still when I'm 40. Heck I don't think that I'll be in this job in a year. Although that's because I'm hoping to be able to have a job, as soon as possible, working with kids. I mean, it's what I'm going to go to school for so I think a little practice before it becomes a career will be a good thing. So everyone in NWA keep your ears open for me for any daycare openings or something of that sort.

One of these days I really am going to fall asleep before midnight. I'm actually not even really tired anymore. Maybe I should just start going to bed at 6 since that when I always seem to be sleepy. At least I don't have to be in til 9 tomorrow. I'm getting an extra hour in at work too! Woot Woot to money. Then my girls are coming over for swimming and maybe going to dinner after. I have the best friends. Seriously guys, thanks for keeping me busy and you are all welcome to come swim whenever you want!!
Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment