Sunday, May 23, 2010

Army Wives *spoilers*

Army Wives is, without a doubt, my favorite tv show. Every Sunday night at 9, my tv is tuned to Lifetime. It always makes me think and 90% of the time it makes me cry. Tonight's episode really made me think. I thought about so much actually.

First, is that Jeremy needs to stop being a mommas boy. It is time that he starts making his own decisions. For peats sake, it was time for him to reenlist so he's at least 21. He doesn't need his mom's permission to re up. I realize that he still needs her approval and doesn't want to disappoint her. Jeremy is in the Army, it's time that he steps up and acts like a man. Haha, ok so in my head this sounded a lot differently.

Next, is that I don't know how any woman could go through what Roxy did tonight. She is a strong woman but for any woman to have a miscarriage must be unbareable. I tried to think (and it was a little hard since I don't think of being pregnant period) of what it must be like and what I would do. Honestly, I think I would feel like a failure. I would be incredibly sad and don't think I'd want to do much of anything. For anyone who has been through that before, you are stronger than I. And I am sorry you had to go through it.

Now onto Chase and Pamela. I know that he is going to screw up. He's Chase, it seems to be what he does. We can't lose Pamela though. Her character is so important and brings the drama. lol. At the same time though, I don't think that she should have asked him to quit Delta. I'm sure that she probably knew that he was a going to be a career man and although she may not have known he would be in Delta, she did have to realize the time they would be apart. He isn't gone for a year at a time, just days or weeks. She may not know when that will be but I still don't agree with her. I do think that he needs to step up and be there for his family when he is home. He needs to be there for her. She needs to know that he loves her and misses her when he's gone. He needs to be the man he used to be, the one she fell in love with. There are things that shouldn't change and his behavior towards her is one. He shouldn't ignore her. Then he can't come home and promise her everything is fine and will be fine. He can't expect her to believe him after he broke her heart. (So I think that I'm putting a few emotions from my own experiences in here... maybe I shouldn't have written this one.)

If you take the time to think about it, you can associate every couple on army wives with a real one you know. Or at least almost all of them. It's been a night for me, but hey what's new? I have a bunch of these now a days. Lonely days is how I'm referring to them from now on. I think it's time to stop writing before I say something I'll regret. Maybe some ice-cream will make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment