Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stress Reliever

Sometimes I can exaggerate stuff a lot. I'm great at making a big deal out of something small. A mountain of of a mole hill. I generally don't even pay attention to myself when I'm acting like this. lol. I'm sure that other people do but not me. I've always been this way. I've always been a horrible stresser. I worry about everything. When I was younger I worried about things well beyond my years. I've never liked being a worrier but it's something I've never really been able to change, despite my effort. To me, it's just something that has become a part of my life. When I go back to school in the fall I know that my stress level will only increase. It's no big deal in my opinion. I stress about school, it is something I have literally done forever. My 2nd grade teacher used to tell me my only homework was to go out and play. Otherwise, I would spend hours doing homework that should've only taken 30 minutes.

Trust me, I know that stress isn't healthy. It's hard on the heart and it only makes my OCD worse. So what do I do to distress? Haha, nothing anymore. It used to be karate. I could take out all of my stress with it. When I taught karate I was in the dojo everyday, for at least 2 hours, after school. The dojo closed and I had to find a new way to release my stress. At first, it was finding a really curvy road and just driving. That worked wonders. Too bad it also used a lot of gas and well I don't have the money to cover that one. In college, I tried running. It was ok, in the end though it only caused pain in my knees thanks to my arthritis. So what now? I have no gym membership so working out like that isn't an option. I have no money to cover driving (even if I did I don't think I'd stick with that one). I can't run. What can I do to help rid myself of stress? What's your stress reliever?

I had no idea what to write about tonight. I'm in a pretty good mood but this is just something that has been on my mind for a few weeks now. I thought it was time to get it out and try to figure it out.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment