Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sleep

Oh sleep, how I miss thee! In the last few weeks sleep has been a stranger to me. There seems so always be something aiding the trouble I already have falling asleep. I usually go through spells where for a couple of weeks I have some crazy insomnia. I'm generally able to get through with some melatonin and valerian root. If that doesn't work, then well I'm just grumpy and you should stay away. Recently, a lot of other things have been adding onto this. The stupid arthritis in my knees has been acting up. Every time I lay down, the pressure on my knees is really bad and I can't get comfortable. I've also had A LOT to think about the last 2 weeks. That doesn't help especially since it comes on at night... stupid insecurities.

Some, very lucky, people have no problems with sleep. I was actually one of these people at one point in time (pre-senior year of high school). For example, Jeff fell asleep while we were on the phone tonight. Trust me I don't hold this against him at all. For starters that was me in high school. I would always fall asleep while we were talking (oh how the roles have reversed). I'm actually jealous and wish it had been me. My brother is another person who didn't have problems falling asleep tonight. Mom knocked on his door about 10 and he was apparently out already.

Speaking of mom, she also has problems sleeping. Could it be genetics?? I think there's a strong chance there actually because my pawpaw has issues with sleep too. Stupid Mullins curse I say. Well, genetics is annoying me at the moment. I have huge bags under my eyes and am getting to that grumpy stage. Sleep, please find your way to me tonight!

By the way I suggest Meet My Mom on the Hallmark channel. I just turned it on because it has Lori Loughlin in it and well, nothing else was on. It's ended up being a good movie.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment