Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Goes Around Comes Around

I'm sitting here on my bed tonight watching David Letterman, when the news breaks in with a severe weather alert. It appears that it doesn't directly affect me so I'm just wishing that it would get back to the show. Russell Brand was cracking me up. Well, they're talking about strong winds and flash flooding. Apparently in Tulsa they are having to water rescue people because the storm drains couldn't keep up with all of the rain. Bet you can't guess what happens next? The storm knocks out the satellite signal. I'm now staring at a black screen with a blue bar that tells me its searching for one. Of course the thunder and lightening have intensified now and I just want the weather back. Karma?? I think so. I was so focused on wanting to watch my show that I didn't think of those that needed to see the weather. Trust me, it won't happen again.

Karma usually does a pretty good job at bringing me back to reality when I get a little conceited or something. I'm a firm believer in her. I've seen enough proof to know that if you just wait long enough she'll get her revenge... what goes around comes around.

Back to the weather though (I'm kinda spacey tonight). I am so sick of the rain! It rained like 6 out of 7 days last week and it's going to be raining 2 this week. I wouldn't mind nearly as much if it were simply a pop up storm or something of that nature. Oh no though, these are all day events. It started raining this morning about 9 or 10. It rained through 4 stopped for a little while and started back about 4:30. Then a while later it stopped for a few hours. Guess what's back?? It looks like it's going to be raining for several more hours tonight and the same type of thing tomorrow. Last week we had to drain water out of the pool because it was way past the point of no return. Plus all of this rain hasn't given the pool a chance to warm up. It got up to 74 yesterday but I'm sure it's below that now.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment