Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother

So I know this is a day late but I got so caught up in yesterdays post that I forgot to mention my mom. As we all know yesterday was Mother's Day. I have one of the best mom's in the world. For that, I'm going to dedicate this blog to her and about her. :)

My mom has always been there for me when I need her. I can think of so many examples recently. My mom has been my rock for the last 20 years. She has stuck by my side and has been my best friend. Sure, we've had our arguments and fights. We don't agree on everything but we always make up in the end. A few years ago my mom found out they were moving her job to New York and my boyfriend broke up with me on the same day. I had called her in the school parking lot after school bawling because I was so upset. She cheered me up and said what needed to be said so that I could gather myself enough to drive home. She walked through the front door and I was there waiting. As soon as she hugged me we both started crying. I started telling her everything that had happened and then she told me that she had to find a new job. I would have never have known if she'd told me. She was there for me, comforting me. She was there for me and I was there for her those next few days.

She's one of the most patient people that I know. To be quite honest, those around me need to have patience and always have. When I was younger, I was an extreme perfectionist. It would take me forever to do anything. Homework that should have taken 30 minutes to do, would end up being an all night event. Trust me when I tell you that you never want to go shopping with me, especially not for pants. I'm so picky about the way stuff fits that it takes hours usually when school shopping... oh and my mood swings are quite violent during so. Mom always sticks with me.

I know that everything she does for me or tells me to do is for my own good. She's only looking out for me, even though it may not always seem so. I know that when I go to her for advice or an opinion that I'm going to get what I'm looking for and it will be the truth. She's not going to candy coat something just so she doesn't hurt my feelings. Mom, I love you. I thank you for being there for me when I need you. I love all of the great memories we have had and can't wait to see what is to come.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment