Friday, May 14, 2010

Bucket List

I was recently reading an article about the top 10 water sites to visit before you die. That made me think some. What's on my bucket list? What do I want to do before I die (which I hope doesn't come for many, many, many years)? I realized that mine consists mostly of places I want to visit. Of course there are other activities in it but it's nothing like the one in the movie. :) Tonight I want to write about a few of the things I want to do before I die.

My first one (and these aren't really in any order) is that I want to travel by every major form of transportation. I've gotten to experience plane rides, which I love, so far. Also, I've traveled by boat thanks to the cruises I've been on. I've been on the Metro, but I want to go on a real train. The remaining forms are the generics... cars, buses, horses (but not for much distance since I'm allergic), and RV. So I guess that leaves trains and helicopters (I know they aren't a major form of transportation but I've always thought riding in one would be cool).

Another item on my list is to swim with dolphins. I've actually don't even think I've ever seen a dolphin, not even in a zoo. When I was younger, I loved dolphins and had a bunch of dolphin decor in my room. I don't care where it is that I swim with one, I just think it would be a great experience.

My aspirations to be President may be gone; however, I still long to meet a sitting President. I don't care what party he/she is affiliated with even. There is something about meeting the Commander in Chief, the most powerful person in the government, that gets my blood flowing. Lol. Tomorrow I'll get to see First Lady Laura Bush... "No autographs or pictures please." :(

I want to get my black belt in karate. I've taken karate for a total of 7 years. Four of those years I actively worked toward obtaining my black belt. I would have done it too, but we moved. Years passed before I got back in it, but this time I was working for a karate school as an instructor. Between the 2-3 hours teaching a night and school during the day, I did not have the energy or time to continue to work towards my black belt. I'm not giving up though, I loved karate and I loved competing. Eventually I will get back in it and I will get my black belt.

Travelling to Europe is something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I've always loved Russian history and thought it would be cool to visit the country. Of course I want to see Poland. How could I not want to see the land of some of my ancestors? I also want to visit Ireland. I think that would be fun to do in the winter when it'd still be green there. Travelling in general is something that I love to do. I also want to visit all 50 states. I've been to over 30 so far!

Those are just a few things that I want to do before I die. The list goes on and on and contains a lot of general things along with some I'd like to think are more unique. Do you have a bucket list?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment